Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Before, after . . . and after after



With the rain coming down for the next 24 hours (and maybe some sleet and snow), the only thing I can do is piddle around with my camera.

The top photo was taken shortly after we purchased our place in Deerfield in March 2006. The bottom photo was taken today from the same spot. You can see the red barn has been moved to the right and much of the land has been cleared. The slope to the left is where my orchard is planned with the berry patch and garden on the flatter ground.

Sometime this summer I hope I can add the "after after" shot showing everything in resplendent bloom. Right now, it's only in my mind's eye.

2 comments:

  1. I love your goal of cultivating your land and planting an orchard. What a beautiful place in this great land of ours, and what a worthwhile endeavor. . .

    You seem like a rather straight forward fellow. What are your thoughts on life after death?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't wait to get down there in March and see this with my own eyes!

    ReplyDelete