Thursday, May 14, 2009

Gallia Est Omnis Divisa in Partes Tres


All Gaul is divided into three parts, and so is my backyard.

There's the lower level where the dogs hang out. Then there is the hill full of day lilies which I should keep weeded better. The top level once was bare dirt, but I finally got grass to grow there this year. Hence the problem.

The only way to get the lawnmower to the top level was to pull it up the hill through the greenery. I did this several times causing mortal damage to the lilies.

Getting ready to mow yesterday, my eye settled on a section of the back fence which looked to be about four-feet wide. I went to the hardware store and came back with $8 worth of hinges and screws. In about 30 minutes I had a third gate in the back of the fence (top right in photo), not too far from the back of the garage where I store the lawnmower.

I'm gatefull for the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment