Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another day, another project


The reason I can't finish projects is that I find myself starting a new one every day. My latest undertaking is a covered woodshed at the side of the garage.

I've been storing firewood during the winter months at various places on the porches and decks. Betty says that termites love to see me coming.

My new woodshed will be a 4 X 16 foot shed made of treated lumber with a metal roof matching the garage roof. Projects seem so simple at first, but then come calculations for roof trusses, angle of hill incline and other construction techniques about which I know too little. But I hammer on.

I need to get the shed finished and filled with firewood so it can dry before winter. It takes a good six months to season firewood.

I should have the shed finished in a couple of weeks depending on how many other projects I start in the interim.

1 comment:

  1. Vince, Why are there more projects on my list? I think for everyone one that comes off the list completed three more are started. Good Luck with the wood shed.

    ReplyDelete