Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Interesting weather facts for July

I'll explain the above photo at the end of this post. First, here are some weather facts:

1. July has only had one day of 90 degree or above temperatures -- Saturday, July 25, when it hit 91 degrees.

2. Of the 210 days so far in 2009, there has been some form of precipitation (at the airport) on 112 of those days, meaning that it has rained more frequently than every other day.

3. We are more than 3 inches ahead for the year on rainfall. Technically, we remain in a drought.

On January 9 of this year I told about tree ferns I found on the limb of a black walnut tree about 35 feet in the air. The tree had toppled in a storm. I surmised that the ferns would probably die after I chopped the limb off. With the abundant rainfall this year, the ferns seem to be doing fine. As usual, Ma Nature proved me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment