Friday, September 11, 2009

Roots, roots and more roots


Take a last look at these impatiens in our backyard because they will be pulled up soon, roots and all, and tossed in the compost bin. I've spent the last few days emptying the many pots and flower beds of annuals.

Speaking of pulling up roots, I went to the root canal doctor for the second time yesterday. The good doc found a third canal in the same tooth which he had to clean and pack. I'm getting tired of this entire roots business.

I had a good nurse while convalescing, No. 1 niece from Jackson, Tenn., Sara Nan, better known in East Tennessee as "Nanner." She became only the third person to ride in my Hooptie.

She was amazed at how good the Hooptie air-conditioning worked. All you have to do is push out the vent window. Willie and Nanner know a good thing when they see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment