Sunday, March 1, 2009

Now, it's up to the seeds

While we aren't going to get a snow pack to push the tiny fescue seeds deeper into the ground, the last two days have brought almost two inches of soaking rain. I did a spot check and the grass seeds have disappeared in all but the hardest and barest patches of ground. I'll try to sprinkle some organic matter over those in the next few days.

A neighbor and I attended a continuing education class yesterday on lawn maintenance at the University of Tennessee. The two hour session was primarily for those with established lawns, but I learned that I had done a few things right in trying to re-establish my grass.

Germination should take place in 10 to 14 days. Only thing I can do now is something I'm not good at -- waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment