Monday, January 31, 2011

So that's why they call it a Blazer?

So, I was taking the garbage down to the road late Sunday afternoon. I noticed a little smoke coming from the hood of my beloved Hoopty, an '89 Chevy Blazer.

I opened the hood to find flames shooting from the back of the engine. I had some drop-clothes in the back so I soaked them in some nearby standing water and threw them on the engine. I thought I had it about out, but then the fire flared again and all I could do was call 911. About twenty minutes later (a little long if you ask me since the fire station is only three miles away), the Louisville Fire Department came and put out the fire.

I had a good set of tools in the back seat in a plastic tool box. The tools are now permanently encased in a mound of hard plastic.

Nothing else was hurt, except my pride, and no injuries occurred. Betty says no more Hoopties for me.

3 comments:

  1. holy crap! I don't think you and Larry can fix this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess so!!

    check our blog. stretchin words to the brink, daily.
    www.roadrunnerlogik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness. That's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete