Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dec. 1 -- First Killing Frost

When I did my calculations for the fall garden on Aug. 19, I determined the first killing frost for my ZIP Code would be Nov. 12.

We have had some light frosts, but I'm calling this morning as the first killing frost.

One of the TV weather forecasters said the weather condition we had this morning was a "fog frost," meaning that the heavy moisture that was in the air caused the fog as well as the vertical frost patterns. The moisture descended which created the little Christmas-tree like frost patterns.

No matter what it's called, it's cold and the walnut logs burning in the stove feel good.

1 comment:

  1. Keaton told me that the grass was ice this morning when we let out Ruby. Ruby then slid across the deck proving that Keaton's observation was quite true...both the grass and the deck were covered in a layer of ice.

    ReplyDelete