Friday, November 6, 2009

Happiness is a full woodshed

After three long days of cutting, splitting and stacking, our woodshed is full for the first time.

I tried to note the amount and type of wood I was cutting, so here is my best guess (in descending order): locust, poplar, walnut, hackberry, wild cherry, sweet gum and hickory. I probably missed one or two.

It hurt to cut and split the beautiful walnut and cherry. I felt like I was hacking up my grandmother's dining room table, but these were trees that had succumbed to the elements.

Bring on the cold weather.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Vince! I enjoyed reading your "tree" post -- especially the part where you said: "I felt like I was hacking up my grandmother's dining room table." I think that I would feel the same way. I've never worked with wood though, although it's one of Mark's favorite things to do. Did you enjoy it? Nan Wessling

    ReplyDelete